Thursday 10 March 2011

Great British Hairdresser - Zac makes TV Final



Zac Fennell, co-director of Artizan and stylist to Olympic Champion Amy Williams and members of the Bath Rugby team, is through to the final of the national TV show Great British Hairdresser.

Zac beat off stiff competition from stylists across the UK. Tension was mounting last night as the show’s contestants were told whether they had made it through to the final 10.

Zac says: “Getting through each heat was great but when we were down to the final 18 and my name was called out, I thought it was because I was out.

“I was so chuffed when they said I was through, then the reality hit me that my work was going to be judged each week in front of a huge TV audience! To begin with the pressure felt immense but James Brown and the other presenters were very encouraging. I then started to feel good about being in the show and to look forward to the opportunities that I would have.”

Zac continues: “I’m really grateful to my wife Becky who was so supportive about me being away from home. Although - as people will see in the show - I did miss Becky and my baby daughter Enya really badly. Working under that kind of pressure is hard at any time but much harder when you don’t have your family around you.

“What got me through the heats was being able to draw on a combination of ideas and techniques that we have used as Artizan stylists in some of the many shows and photo shoots that we’ve been involved in.

“It’s great now that the show is being aired, as the Artizan styling team get to see how they contributed towards my place in the final. No doubt, they’ll also be waiting to see if I crack under the pressure too!”

Artizan director and founder Phil Thompson says: “We’ve been really impressed by what we’ve seen from Zac so far in the show. He joined us as a Saturday boy when he was just 15, over 12 years ago. He always got on well with the staff here and was an instant hit with the ladies. To earn his place in the final during the show last night, Zac had to demonstrate his skills dressing a blond wig on a dark skinned model and to create a Mohawk inspired look.

Zac says: “It was a tough one really but I think I rose to the challenge. I managed to impress the judges with my Mohawk which James said he loved.” James later went on to say how Zac had inspired him as someone who will learn and work really hard.

Last night, the final 10 contestants were seen moving into James Brown’s London Salon. Each week, James and editor of Glamour magazine Jo Elvin will decide who will have to leave the salon following the results of a fashion-based challenge.

The winner will style the hair of an A-list star for the cover of Glamour magazine plus spend a year working alongside their mentor James Brown.


The 10 finalists









Artizan 5 Bartlett Street Bath BA1 2QZ
Tel 01225 420611
To make an appointment: appointments@artizan.co.uk



Artizan 8a George Street Bath BA1 2EH
Tel 01225 447087
To make an appointment: georgest@artizan.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment